Here’s a real tricky one, place your answers in the comments section and the answers will be revealed next week. Good luck!
1. The maximum take-off weight of the Mi-26, the world’s heaviest helicopter, is:
A. 56000 kg
B. 66000 kg
D. 112000 kg
2. How many RFC aircraft were lost in ‘Bloody April’ (April 1917)?
3. The first air victory scored in the Greek-Italian campaign (40-41) was achieved by a Greek pilot, what type of aircraft was he flying?
4. In which country did the first recorded use of napalm in combat take place, and from which aircraft was it deployed?
5. What was the first RAF unit to be declared operational with the Tornado F.Mk 3, and in what year?
6. What was the greatest number of enemy aircraft destroyed by a US Navy pilot in one mission?
7. What was the nationality of the first pilot to take off and land from Japan’s Hosho aircraft carrier?
8. What is the thrust-to-weight ratio of a Eurojet EJ200 in full afterburner? Can you name an active fighter engine with a higher thrust-to-weight ratio?
9. In what year did an aircraft first exceed Mach 2?
10. In what year was the electro-mechanical flight simulator invented?
Thank you for reading Hush-Kit. Our site is absolutely free and we have no advertisements. If you’ve enjoyed an article you can donate here. When we hit out funding target we will be able to give you even better and more frequent reading matter.
Have a look at 10 worst British military aircraft, Su-35 versus Typhoon, 10 Best fighters of World War II , top WVR and BVR fighters of today, an interview with a Super Hornet pilot and a Pacifist’s Guide to Warplanes. Was the Spitfire overrated? Want something more bizarre? The Top Ten fictional aircraft is a fascinating read, as is The Strange Story and The Planet Satellite. The Fashion Versus Aircraft Camo is also a real cracker. Those interested in the Cold Way should read A pilot’s guide to flying and fighting in the Lightning. Those feeling less belligerent may enjoy A pilot’s farewell to the Airbus A340. Looking for something more humorous? Have a look at this F-35 satire and ‘Werner Herzog’s Guide to pusher bi-planes or the Ten most boring aircraft. In the mood for something more offensive? Try the NSFW 10 best looking American airplanes, or the same but for Canadians.