Try this delightful, challenging aviation quiz! Answers at bottom of page.
(The results for the first Hush-Kit quiz will be revealed this week, if you haven’t entered NOW is your chance.)
1. In what year was the first mail delivered by air?
2. What is Harrison Ford’s favourite aircraft?
3. How many kills were scored by the most successful fighter pilot to wear
4. What aircraft was nicknamed ‘The Whistling Shithouse”?
5. What was the flyaway cost of an RF-4C Phantom in 1965?
6. The last confirmed kill by a biplane occurred in what year? What were the
nationalities of the aircraft involved?
7. Which US-built aircraft scored the most kills in the Second World War?
8. Air Chief Marshall Sir Hugh Dowding was not:
a) A vegetarian?
b) A spiritualist?
c) A single parent?
d) A teetotaller?
9. What links the Lockheed C-130 Hercules, the Hawker Hurricane and the Fairey
10. Which of the following names were considered by NATO for the Tupolev Tu-22 before it decided on ‘Blinder’?
Thank you for reading Hush-Kit. Our site is absolutely free and we have no advertisements. If you’ve enjoyed an article you can donate here– it doesn’t have to be a large amount, every pound is gratefully received. If you can’t afford to donate anything then don’t worry.
At the moment our contributors do not receive any payment but we’re hoping to reward them for their fascinating stories in the future.
As a thank you….
Those who donate more than £50 may ask for a short article on a particular subject.
Those who donate more than £100 may ask for a long article on a particular subject.
Have a look at 10 Best fighters of World War II , top WVR and BVR fighters of today, an interview with a Super Hornet pilot and a Pacifist’s Guide to Warplanes. Was the Spitfire overrated? Want something more bizarre? The Top Ten fictional aircraft is a fascinating read, as is The Strange Story and The Planet Satellite. The Fashion Versus Aircraft Camo is also a real cracker. Those interested in the Cold Way should read A pilot’s guide to flying and fighting in the Lightning. Those feeling less belligerent may enjoy A pilot’s farewell to the Airbus A340. Looking for something more humourous? Have a look at this F-35 satire and ‘Werner Herzog’s Guide to pusher bi-planes. In the mood for something more offensive? Try the NSFW 10 best looking American airplanes, or the same but for Canadians.